Wednesday, November 30, 2011

November 30th: Apron Reveal

I finally finished the Patchwork Apron. Ruffle re-done 4 times/pockets re-done 3.5 times.
I was so tempted to just trash the whole apron.
Patchwork Apron
 I tried to make the ties long enough to pull around to the front for tying. I prefer my Aprons to wrap around my waist and tie in the front. I have a very fluffy waist line, and it does wrap around me. This Apron is fully lined with 100% cotton muslin.
I made these Aprons a while ago, but wanted to share them.

Bistro Apron
 It doesn't look like it in the picture, but it hangs below the knee. Depending on your height, maybe mid-shin area. It is also full lined on the back.

Work Apron
The pockets are deep, big, and double lined for strength.
 The waist band on this style comes completely out of the waist casing. I tried this because I wanted an adjustable waist band, something you could gather or wear flat against you. Just depends on what look you want.
 I'm trying to show you the depth of the pockets. (Not sure I got the picture I was looking for)
The pocket is divided into three sections, one in the middle and two side pockets. Buttons for decoration :}

My aprons range from  $25.00-$40.00 each + $5.00 for shipping.

Here are some fabric combinations I will be working with tomorrow:



I haven't decided which style I will be making with these.
I always like to try something different.
Any suggestions?

Just a note about my Aprons:
Each Apron is hand crafted by me, here at Girasole farm.
There are no two Aprons exactly alike.
There are slight imperfections in each apron, because I am not perfect.
I buy high quality 100% cotton fabirc. MODA is my favorite. I am also a fan of Robert Kaufman, Michael Miller, Amy Butler, to name just a few.
I promise complete satisfaction. If you are not completely satisfied simply return the Apron and I will refund 100 %  of the cost of the Apron and cover the return shipping costs.

This is a new adventure for me, so please share your suggestions and comments with me.

The Girasole Lady

2 comments:

  1. I totally LOVE your aprons - they are sooooo fun and pretty!! I am so glad you did not trash it, I love it!! I am going to share your site with some of my friends if that is okay - I know some of them would love to see and buy your aprons :-)

    *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE aprons and my next "project" will be aprons :)....still perfecting my knitted daschund sweaters! I prefer to wrap my apron ties around and tie in front too...my great Grammy did it that way :). Beautiful job!!

    ReplyDelete