Wednesday, November 23, 2011

November 23rd: In My Kitchen

The day started out early making the brine for the turkey.

Then onto the Pumpkin Pies
Starting with making pie dough...



and rolling it out.


Mixing up the filling...
I make two kinds of pumpkin pie- one traditional pumpkin filling 
and some with Butter Nut Squash for filling.
Tonya peeled the Butter Nut for me so it could be cooked and mashed for the pie filling.
You can't see it through all the mess, but my new kitchen island made a great work space area.

Pouring the mixture into the pie crust and
Adding a few final touches.......


BEFORE
AFTER


Kristina made EZ Dessert this year. It's yummy pudding, cream cheese, powdered sugar, Cool Whip on a buttery infused Pecan crust.

I worked on setting up the center of the table with the pictures we made earlier this week.

I'm happy with the way the pictures turned out.
Beth and David.

This is my Auntie Penny. She passed away earlier this year from cancer. I miss her. She was a very special person in my life and I love her a great deal.
Kristina and Myles on their wedding day in May.
Baby Mia.
I have lots more pictures to show, but it will have to wait.
When we're together in the kitchen, it's as though time itself could stand still. I close my eyes and soak in as much of the chatting and laughter that I can, and I store it up in my mind and heart. 

In my kitchen
I preheat a memory
I fold in family and friends
I bake a good laugh

Happy Thanksgiving to each and every one of you.
The Girasole Lady

3 comments:

  1. Wishing you guys a very Happy Thanksgiving!! We are so blessed to you in our lives. Love~ The Martine Family: David, Tara, Owen & Madison.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you and your family have a graleat one becka tell everyone hi for us and i live reading ur blog also it was good seeing you the other day take care

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tara & Martha-sending your families special Thanksgiving hugs. Love ALL- the Silva's.

    ReplyDelete