Friday, February 15, 2013

Recovery

On Tuesday I had hand surgery.
Nothing serious,  left thumb trigger release. 
It has been painful and stuck for the past several months, and while I have some post-op pain, it is nothing compared to how it was feeling before the procedure. 
I'm just glad it is over, so I can heal up good before the gardening season. 

Yesterday was Valentine's day, and was fairly uneventful. 
A quiet evening at home.
I found some Daffodil's blooming in the wooden barrel and brought them indoors. 

The sun once again has been shinning. 
About 70 degrees for the past couple of days. 


These lady dolls came from Ireland. My Grammy bought them during her stay in Ireland, in the 70's.
Recently the lovely ladies have come to live here at Girasole Farm.

 One is carrying a basket of sticks, and the other has some knitting in hand. 

 I don't know much about them, except that they are hand made by a local craftsman in Ireland. 

I love the way they look with the evening sun shinning on them. 
(I have been using my camera with the flash off, hmmm.....)

My Grammy kept a journal during her stay in Ireland, I need to re-read it and see if she mentions about her purchase of the dolls, since at the moment I seem not to remember. 

I will be glad to get this wrapping off my hand and the sutures removed next Wednesday. 

Have a lovely day.

The Girasole Lady

10 comments:

  1. glad to hear that you are already feeling better. I wish a speedy recovery! Your grammy's dolls are so unique. I especially like the lady with the twigs, I'd like to learn to make something with that style

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your hand heals well :-) The daffodils are lovely, xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Becka, I'm sorry to hear that you have been unwell, but lovely to hear that you are on the road to recovery.
    Your grandmother's dolls are very unique, I do hope she mentions them in her diary, because it would be fascinating to hear about their origins.
    How lovely to see your daffodils, mine are just peeking through the soil, I can only see green shoots.....something to look forward to when they bloom.
    Take care of yourself and have a restful weekend.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoping for a speedy recovery for you Becka !
    Your daffodils are lovely. ;)
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your hand is feeling better soon and ready for gardening! Daffodils are so pretty, thanks for sharing your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you're feeling better soon - sunshine and daffodils to you! Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Becka!I hope your hand is working like new very soon!I love the daffodils and the dolls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Take good care of that hand! I had something similar a few years ago and it was the most mysterable thing ecause it was my right hand and I was told to keep it higher than my heart for 3 days. Not much you can accomplish with your right hand stuck in the air - LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear you are on the way to healing. Those dolls are cute - really wonderful to have something that was your grandmothers. The daffodils look perfect in that "vase". Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wishing you a speedy recovery. The daffodils from your garden look very lovely.

    PS: I'm hosting a Living Nature skin essentials pack giveaway at my blog, hope you enter: http://www.underlockandkeyblog.com/2013/02/living-nature-review-and-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete