Sunday, November 20, 2011

November 20th: A Heart Full Of Thanks

I can't remember where or when I first read this poem, but it remains one of my favorite.


A Heart Full of Thanks

For November days and steady rain
Snow and sun and gathered grain
For pumpkins in a wagon
Skies dark and bright
A field full of broom sedge
Orange in the misty light

For family and friends
And matters of the heart
For joys and sorrows----
And courage to take part

For cold winds and warm fires
A cat on my lap
For feasting and foolishness
And a child taking a nap

For good times and bad times
For the time that lies ahead
For all the gifts of life
And love not left unsaid


Please join us for a family Thanksgiving
Friday November 24, 2006

In November 2006 I sent personal Thanksgiving invitations to each of my family members.

I knew everyone was already coming, but I wanted them to know how much it meant to be together as a family.
I think I'll use it this Thanksgiving too, in one way or another.
The Girasole Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment