Thursday, September 27, 2012

Making Gardens

This year a wild Morning Glory vine has decided to grow voluntarily out in the vegetable garden.
I'm letting it make its' home there, among the dried corn stalks.


 They only have blooms in the morning. 


 I'm going to see how long the vine will last. 
They are so beautiful. 

For a long time now I have been trying to transform my little garden into a 
'Secret Garden' for the Gran-babies. 
My little garden is already separated from the big yard by a huge Honeysuckle bush that grows between the two. 
The other day at Home Depot I found this gate on clearance for $20.00, normally $50.00. 
It was the perfect gate for the garden entrance. 
(I will be painting it)


 We hung it up, and I used an old  'hot' water faucet handle that I picked up at a barn sale.
(that gate picture looks weird.. I took that shot lying on the sidewalk)


 The welcome sign is one I already had, that had been hanging above the other gate that was there. 


The hinges we used are off the door of an old wood shed that Beth has in her yard. 


 I work on it little by little, as I find interesting stuff to 'embellish' the Secret Garden. 

A secret garden for little girls to pretend, and imagine a world of make believe. For secrets, and dreams, and fairies, and frogs. For wonder and innocence, and the precious days of childhood that pass far too quickly. 

“Of course there must be lots of Magic in the world," he said wisely one day, "but people don't know what it is like or how to make it. Perhaps the beginning is just to say nice things are going to happen until you make them happen. I am going to try and experiment.” 
― Frances Hodgson BurnettThe Secret Garden

The Girasole Lady

5 comments:

  1. I pinned how to make fairies in a jar with a glow stick and glitter. And I don't know about painting that gate. I kinda like the wood. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh a jar project ;). I can bring you some jars!

      Delete
  2. HI Becka,
    I love that gate! For only $20? That's is a great deal. Those Morning Glories are beautiful too. I hope you post photos of the secret garden you're creating. What a special and fun thing to do for your granddaughters. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Tonya about painting the gate. maybe just a wood preserver? Childhood does go by so very quickly. My own big girl has a toddler now and my "baby" just got married. I really don't know what has happened to the time. Tonya used to work with me at AFC. I enjoy both blogs from time to time. It has been with pleasure watching Tonya grow from a late teen to a wonderful mom herself. You have done a lovely job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle
      (I had to check with Tonya to be sure who you were, as you showed up anonymous)
      Thank you for kind words, and for stopping by my blog home.
      It is such a wonderful pleasure to watch your children grow, and especially to watch them become parents to their own children.
      From what I've heard, you are an amazing mom yourself. ♥

      Delete