Monday, September 24, 2012

New Aprons

I never got around to making those pumpkins this weekend, life just got a little too busy.
I'll have to wait until later this week for that project.
Yes, sometimes I actually have responsibilities to take care of.
i know hard to believe, isn't it?

I did get the pictures of the full size aprons I made...
It's a smock style


with ties on each side
and big double pockets. 
For me, having the ties on each side is more comfortable than a tie at the back of my neck. My hair, often times, gets caught in the ties and pulls. (I have long hair, but I always wear it clipped up)
Too, with the ties on the side, it allows for more variation in size fit. 

French Post design on Michael Miller fabric. 


The ladder used to display the aprons is from the ranch Caveman grew up on (just down the road from our home),
it was used for picking olives. 


Mary Lake Thompson design, Down On The Farm, on Robert Kaufman fabric. 


The back is Chicken Fence print, matching the front pocket.


 This cute apron fabric, Chinese Take Out,  is a design by Sheri McCulley Studio (Sheri Berry Designs)

I'll be putting my new aprons in my Etsy store a little later today.
In the meantime - I'd best be getting to those darned responsibilities. 

The Girasole Lady


4 comments:

  1. OMG I LOOOOVE THEM !! Especially the Chinese take out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful aprons. I like the idea of the ties being on the side too. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely aprons!! I'm looking forward to seeing those pumpkins. (Love new ideas!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your aprons are lovely !
    I can see myself wearing one to do my canning !
    Rose

    ReplyDelete