Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Wrapping Up February

February is quickly coming to a close, although we'll have the extra Leap day.
The past couple of days have been spent working outside around the Small garden, getting ready for spring.

I finally planted the Peonies I got bought almost TWO years ago. There is a great story to go with the Peony trip, but it deserves its own post.

I bought some Johnnie Jump Ups and Alyssum to plant.

My Azalea is in bloom. The plant is from my dad's funeral (1992). It too, has followed me to Girasole Farm from our first home.





Trees in the Orchard are blossoming.
Nectarine blossoms.

We started to put up the Green House we bought at the end of last Summer.
So far all we accomplished was setting up a foundation. The rest we will finish later this week.
I picked up a old barn door that someone was tearing down and brought it home, it will serve as a side "porch" to store all my empty nursery pots. I have been a "Junker" long before it was the popular thing to do.
The Green house isn't particularly fancy, but it's a good small start. The kit was purchased at Harbor Freight.
The sun has been shining, although it has been cooler temperatures. Looks like we may even have some rain later this week. I won't complain, we need the rain.
The Girasole Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment