Sunday, March 25, 2012

Last Week's Wrap-UP

                        At last, after all the past months of waiting,  Ryan, Tonya, Laci and Mia are together as a family under the same roof, in their beautiful new home. I couldn't be happier for them.  It's a good life, full of fun, and adventure.
Tonya and the Babies had their last night at Momma's house. Tonya, as always, tells a touching story.
 (gee...do you see the resemblance!)

When the moving dust settled, I realized just how quiet my little home had now become.
Yes- I'll admit it... It's been a little too quiet when I am home by myself.  Laci lived with us since the day Mia was born on 7/31/2011, and Tonya with both the girls have been staying here every day since Mia came home on 8/25/2011 from UC Davis. It certainly doesn't help that Caveman has been working 12 hour days plus Saturdays, and that it rained literally every day last week too. I've scrubbed and cleaned, the kitchen, the pantry, the living room, the craft room, the laundry room, and the dining room. I have a few more deep cleaning areas that I yet need to tend. My cure for everything is to keep busy. A little sun wouldn't hurt either.

 Silly- huh. I see Tonya and the girls everyday. Today is the first day I haven't been up to Tonya's since she moved out last Sunday. I couldn't imagine to be a mother who has children living hundreds, even thousands, of miles away from her. I love that all three of my daughters are "home-town" girls who plan on staying put. I'm sure, if ever faced with the situation, I would be supportive, and  loving, towards their decision, but I can guarantee you my heart would be breaking inside. Go ahead-- call me selfish, it's true. I can't change that right now-so that's my story and I'm stickin to it!

I've never been good at change anyways, good or bad. I always make it through the changes in life, bringing the good along and leaving the bad behind.  It's just the way I am.
"This to shall pass".... 

To celebrate being in the new home, Tonya and Ryan had a family dinner yesterday. One of many, many more to come in the future.

This morning I went grocery shopping. I have a stew in the Crock Pot, and some cookies to be baked.  It's been a gray and rainy weekend for the most part, but I see the sun is trying to make an appearance. I'm gonna run outside and take some pictures......

Jasmine on the front porch just waiting to burst open with wonderful smelling flowers.
We planted a Western Red Bud a few months ago, and it is getting ready to flower. It seems really happy in the spot where we planted it.
Peek inside the Green House. We built the shelves and put them in a couple of days ago. Now I need to get busy and start my seeds. I'm a little worried, I am not a very good seedling momma.





I bought some Alyssum and Johnnie Jump Ups a couple of weeks ago, and haven't gotten around to planting them yet. They look pretty cute just sitting on the garden bench.
 Look... there is something growing inside the Green House.This Sunflower sprouted, all by itself. I think I am going to plant some durable ground cover underneath the shelves.
 Johnnie Jump up from, who knows when, making an appearance.
                                                                                 I transplanted these Hydrangeas a week ago to the small garden. They were not happy where they had been the year before, and they almost died!!!!
 The Crab Apple tree out front is in full bloom.

 Succulents on the front porch are blooming. I love succulents. Look at the intricate flowers they have. Succulents are so easy to grow. My front porch faces the west, so it's a great area for Succulents.

I'm wrapping up this Sunday and looking forward to another week ahead. Tomorrow I am sure I will be headed up to love on my Grand Babies. The sun is suppose to shine tomorrow, right before a few days more of rain. I'll be checking in a little later this week.
The Girasole Lady


2 comments:

  1. Your shelves look good and useful. And I see Laci's sandbox is ready for when she comes to visit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Instead of reading everyone elses blogs I should be writing my own. I am a blog failure. One things for sure, when I do post, I will have a lot to share! Love you mom :)

    P.S. I have been meaning to ask you if your redbud was blooming since I have been seeing them all around town, I'm glad to see it is.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete