Friday, January 21, 2011

My Grammy's Garden

My Grammy was a big part of my inspiration for Girasole Farm.
These old black and white photos are from her garden in the 1930's. 
(Bloomfield, CA)

 I can't see all the details of what she was growing. Flowers & vegetables for sure.
We shared a very special bond together.
Grammy said "Busy hands are never in want".  Her hands were always busy tending to the vegetable & flower gardens.
When Grammy wasn't gardening she was cooking, painting, quilting, knitting or doing whatever had to be tended to. She lived a simple life, finding contentment and pleasure in the keeping of her home and family.
I am so grateful that she passed such valued traditions onto me. 
 Many, many times I have wished my Grammy was still alive today so that I could spend some more precious time with her.
The Girasole Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment