Thursday, April 14, 2011

Crafty Things

When I am not gardening, working outside, sewing or cooking, I am crafting.
I have been on a creative streak, lasting longer than usual. I tend to lose my ability to stay focused for very long on any one project. I'm pretty sure I have a crafting disorder of some kind.
 I have wanted a tile back splash in my kitchen, but I am on a tight budget so I improvised. Improvising is one of my strongest qualities.

I have this old pile of wood out back...
and I have every calender I have ever bought...

Lang calenders are the best
and... I have MOD PODGE!
(I am in love with this stuff) ♥
Mix it all together and this is what you get...

 Pictures (4 different ones) from a calender stuck to the old fence board, covered with the Mod Podge .

And NO my counters in my kitchen are NOT that clean.
They look more like this...........

Yep- I am a real person, with a real life.
This old wooden frame came out of the house Caveman (aka my husband) grew up in. I used calender pictures, (Lang Calender/Robert Duncan) for each of the squares in the window. It even has the original glass.

Thanks for visiting.
The Girasole Lady
p.s. Do you ModPodge?

1 comment:

  1. What a great way to save some of the artwork on these beautiful calendars! I love the window especially...thanks for sharing this idea, now you've got me thinking!
    xoxo
    Joni

    ReplyDelete