Monday, November 23, 2015

November 23, 2015: Looking Back

 I posted a blog entry each day for the entire month of November 2011, being reminded of this thru social media with those time hop reminders. You know those ones that pop up daily to remind you of what you did on this day, in this year, or that year. It's been fun to look back and be reminded of those memories. Truly something I have missed. 


Life truly does go by so quickly. So much has happened over the years, things I should have been documenting all along. But then you hear things that discourage you, and disrupt your writing habits. Words that make you feel vulnerable and suddenly just a bit anxious about sharing with readers. There also comes a time when you tell your heart to write anyway, because this is my place to document my memories, my life. 

 
 So I'll sit and remember....
My family has grown so much.
                                 
                                      Tonya and her family. Laci 6/Mia 4/ Noah 2
                                                  (May 2015)
                       
                                                         
Kristina and her family
Harper 2/Brooklyn 1
(September 2015)
                                                  Beth and Momma (me)
                                                     on her wedding day
                                                            (June 2014)
 I am going to try again. Maybe not every day, but as often as possible. 

It's chilly outside tonight and there is a warm fire burning in the wood stove. I'm making plans for Thanksgiving, or ThanksFamily, or whatever one chooses to address the 4th Thursday in November. 

In my home it's a time to spend being together and looking back on the past year and sharing the things that we are thankful for. It's about slowing down and catching up with one another. It's a time for being held close, and letting those we love know how very much they mean to us. It's for remembering those from the past, keeping them alive in our hearts. It's for creating a haven for love to grow and hold us close for the days still yet to come. My home is filled with love, laughter, family, friends, and really good food. In trying to keep up with 'preserving a past to be proud of', it's my hope that each person takes a few memories home with them to store up in their hearts. Traditions to carry on for the future generation. The little ones too will remember these times, and it will teach them that home is where you find your very being, within the love of your family, and these very moments shared together.                                                           
                                                                   
                                                                     
The Girasole Lady

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back, and congratulations on all the new family members large and small!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Thank you for creating truly the best family tradition ❤❤. It is something wr look forward to so much. Hugs! !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking of all our deserted blogs lately too. Love you mom :)

    ReplyDelete