Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Nagging At Myself


All these thoughts swirling around in my head, could quiet possibly disappear, if I don't stop and take the time out to  journal about them. 
I've nagged, and nagged, myself about this for weeks. 

I've, once again, declined to a New Year's Resolution. 
About the only thing I accomplish is, when I do so, is to simply set myself up for failure. 
Instead, I always keep trying to better myself from one day to the next. 

There has been sewing....

This is a dress I made for Mia. 
The fabric is Riley Blake
Enchantment/ Cinderberry Stitches by Natalie Lymer 
-front-
I am working on dresses for Laci and Harper too. 
Same style, different fabric choices. 
-back-
The inspiration for this dress comes from a unique line of children's clothing, Matilda Jane. 
I adore the Matilda Jane dresses, but they are very, very, pricey. 
Matilda Jane offers a dress,  the 'Knot Dress' , and this is my version of it. 


I'm working on a quilt just for ME! 
The blocks are almost done, I will be adding another border around each block 
before placing them all together. 


 I'm also working on two new quilts, one for Laci, and one for Mia. 
They have outgrown their 'baby' blankets, at least in size, they can hardly cover themselves up with them. 
The new quilts are 'big girl' size. 
The back is super soft Minky.
The front rose print flannel is Westminster Fabric, 
Sugar Hill/Scattered Roses by Tanya Whalen.

As far as sewing goes, I have several irons in the fire, so to speak. 
Ya know- I love it. Switching from this project to that project. 

There's been a Bon-Fire with the Gran-babies. 



 Laci told me she was a 'gatherer'.

Sitting by the fire time.

Snacking on crackers.

 Apparently eating a cracker is serious business...
and so is fire watching. 

That night Laci and Mia spent the night here with Grammy and Papa. 
These are the moments I want to freeze in my heart and mind, the ones when the magic is so intense, it's almost unbelievable. 
This time, this now, when everything feels just so very, very, right with all the world. 

This year our little family will be growing and changing once again. 
In June we will be gaining another Son-in-law.
In August we will be gaining yet another, #5, Gran-BABY!!!  
Little Harper will be a BIG sister...

All in all, life is good.
I'm fully aware at just how blessed I truly am. 

The Girasole Lady

1 comment:

  1. I can feel the contentment in your heart Becka !!
    Your Grand babies are a treasure ;)
    You are building in them a legacy.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete